The Triennial 2018 of the RNHC is a meeting of citizens from 150 municipalities and cities covered by the RNHC in the 10 regions of Cameroon, supported by partner organizations from Cameroon and abroad. It will be held in Yaoundé in about ten public squares, 29 to 30 November 2018.
During 02 days, nearly 400 inhabitants will join representatives of support organizations, local communities, special guests, private companies, representatives of partners and institutions supporting development will meet in a tri-articulated forum of “inhabitants of disadvantaged urban districts and villages” of Cameroon.
The activities of the Triennial 2018 will take place through:
- 03 conferences (inaugural – review of the 2014 triennium and closing – adoption of recommendations),
- 04 thematic sessions,
- 04 sessions to exchange experiences,
- 01 session of the People’s Evictions Court,
- 01 constituent assembly of the national federation of housing cooperatives of Cameroon,
- 01 general assembly of the federation of collectives of victims of eviction from Cameroon and a general assembly of the RNHC.
Triennial of the inhabitants : The network
The RNHC brings together people living in the working class neighbourhoods of Cameroonian towns, villages and local communities who are involved on a daily basis in various capacities: personal, associative, traditional, professional, in actions of positive social transformation, the fight against poverty and the improvement of living conditions.
The RNHC in Figures :
- 150 municipalities and cities covered by the RNHC ;
- More than 2000 Organizations participate in the life of the RNHC and mobilize more than 120000 members at the end of 2018;
- 300 civil society organisations from the 10 regions of Cameroon meet at the Bamenda Congress in 2004;
- nearly 1000 citizens of the districts of towns and communes meet in Foumban at the Triennale 2007;
- More than 500 participants (including 10 foreigners) at the Maroua triennial, November 2010 ;
- Nearly 1000 participants including 15 foreigners participate in the 2014 triennial in Yaoundé, capital of Cameroon;
- 400 participants are expected at the Triennale 2018 in Douala, Economic Capital of Cameroon.
For more information: please read the brochure (available in French).
Contacts, registrations and information :
Tel: ESCR Call Centre: 850800237 699 621 36100237 678 354 395