to the City
The Right to the City is the right of all inhabitants, present and future, permanent and temporary, to inhabit, use, occupy, produce, govern and enjoy just, inclusive, safe and sustainable cities, villages and human settlements, defined as commons essential to a full and decent life.
- The GPR2C at the High-Level Political Forum 2021 Posted in: Campaigns - The GPR2C will participate in the 2021 High-Level Political Forum on sustainable development (6-15th July) to bring an urgent appeal to the United Nations and all international, regional, national and local institutions and civil society organizations to renew their commitments to the implementation of the Right to the City, SDGs and NUA for an equitable… +
- Right to the City: A Roadmap for Climate Justice Posted in: Campaigns, General - +
The right to the city in depth
- GPR2C 2021 Thematic Papers: A collective learning experience on the Right to the CityCampaigns, General Posted in: Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- Since last year the Global Platform for the Right to the City (GPR2C) has embarked on the preparation of a series of thematic papers to deepen the key conceptual and programmatic contents related to the right to the city. These documents are intended to strengthen the advocacy, training, networking, and communication work of the GPR2C.… +
- For the Right to the City and Housing in post-pandemic reconstruction in Latin America and the Caribbean: The GPR2C at the IV LAC Forum on Housing and HabitatGeneral Posted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions, Gender equality, Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- The fourth edition of the Latin American and the Caribbean Forum on Housing and Habitat, co-organized by Habitat for Humanity and Urban Housing Practitioners Hub (UHPH), took place from 17-21 May 2021. As in previous editions, the Global Platform for the Right to the City (GPR2C) actively participated in the events and discussions, under the… +
- Urban October 2021 initiatives: Share with us what are you planning!Campaigns, General Posted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions- Every year, the Global Platform for the Right to the City (GPR2C) celebrates Urban October, an opportunity to raise our voices about our struggles and initiatives and to join forces for a better world. In 2021, Urban October will commence on Monday, 4 October with World Habitat Day and end on Sunday, 31 October with… +