to the City
The Right to the City is the right of all inhabitants, present and future, permanent and temporary, to inhabit, use, occupy, produce, govern and enjoy just, inclusive, safe and sustainable cities, villages and human settlements, defined as commons essential to a full and decent life.
- The Right to the City at the High-Level Political Forum Posted in: Campaigns - The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) is the core United Nations platform for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The theme of this year's edition is "Accelerated action and transformative pathways: realizing the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development ". An important focus will be given to the current situation… +
- The Right to the City facing COVID-19 Posted in: Campaigns - +
The right to the city in depth
- WE ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE:TRANSFORMING ECONOMIES VERSUS COVID19- The first part of the World Social Forum on Transformative Economies 2020 took place online during July 2020. The next part will take place in October, coinciding with the FESC, under the theme "We Accept the challenge: Transformative Economies versus COVID-19". The organizations, networks, and entities participating in the FSMET process can register their transformative… +
- The First Virtual World Assembly of InhabitantsPosted in: Inclusive citizenship- 122 women and 155 men from 48 countries registered to participate in the first Virtual World Assembly of Inhabitants in history on 31/07/2020, almost 4 hours of focused and passionate speeches, solidarity expressed with activists at risk of their health and life, the decision to proceed: all emphasize the importance of the event carried out as part… +
- The Right to the City to face COVID-19Posted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions, Gender equality, Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- The global crisis generated by COVID-19 shows the urgency of putting life and people before profit. This short video explains the vision from the GPR2C to build the post-pandemic world, focusing on: Recovering and strengthing community public services Moving towards a care society, recognizing the particular care role of women within households and communities; Designing… +