to the City
The Right to the City is the right of all inhabitants, present and future, permanent and temporary, to inhabit, use, occupy, produce, govern and enjoy just, inclusive, safe and sustainable cities, villages and human settlements, defined as commons essential to a full and decent life.
- The Right to the City at the High-Level Political Forum Posted in: Campaigns - The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) is the core United Nations platform for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The theme of this year's edition is "Accelerated action and transformative pathways: realizing the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development ". An important focus will be given to the current situation… +
- The Right to the City facing COVID-19 Posted in: Campaigns - +
The right to the city in depth
- Right to the City. The construction of a collective utopiaPosted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions, Gender equality, Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- Article by HENRIQUE BOTELHO FROTA and LORENA ZÁRATE Originally published in spanish in Crítica Urbana. Revista de Estudios Urbanos y Territoriales Vol.3 núm. 13 Derecho a la ciudad.. A Coruña: Crítica Urbana, July 2020. "The right to the city has gained increasing attention in the public debate in recent years, being claimed by different… +
- Fulfilling SDG11 and the NUA beyond the pandemic through the Right to the CityPosted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions, Gender equality, Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- The Global Platform for the Right to the City (GPR2C) held an online side event at the High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) 2020 on July 16th, facilitated by Sophia Torres from the GPR2C support team. GPR2C members and allies from local governments, international organizations and civil society networks presented possible paths provided by the Right to… +
- Mapping repertoires of collective action facing the COVID-19 pandemic in informal settlements in Latin American citiesPosted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Fulfilled social functions, Inclusive citizenship, Quality public spaces and services- How are civil society organizations responding to COVID-19’s impacts on informal settlements? The Synergies for Solidarity campaign aims at making visible, analysing, and connecting initiatives that have emerged from different sectors and scales of civil society that seek to respond to the emergency in informal neighbourhoods. A paper has been published with the results of this… +