to the City
The Right to the City is the right of all inhabitants, present and future, permanent and temporary, to inhabit, use, occupy, produce, govern and enjoy just, inclusive, safe and sustainable cities, villages and human settlements, defined as commons essential to a full and decent life.
- Cities for Dignity, not for Profit! Posted in: Campaigns, General - +
- The Right to the City at the High-Level Political Forum Posted in: Campaigns - The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) is the core United Nations platform for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The theme of this year's edition is "Accelerated action and transformative pathways: realizing the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development ". An important focus will be given to the current situation… +
The right to the city in depth
- GPR2C Thematic PapersPosted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions, Gender equality, Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- For the remainder of 2020, the Global Platform for the Right to the City (GPR2C) is embarked on the preparation of three thematic documents to deepen the key conceptual and programmatic contents related to the right to the city. These documents are intended to strengthen the advocacy, training, networking and communication work of the GPR2C.… +
- Right to the City News-September 2020Posted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions, Gender equality, Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- We have just released the September issue of our quarterly newsletter. There you can find a summary of the most important activities and campaigns we have carried out over the last three months, as well as upcoming events and other information of interest. At this issue, you can find information on: Right to the City to face the… +
- Vacancy for GPR2C Communication Assistant - The Global Platform for the Right to the City (GPR2C) aims to inspire a better future for all human settlements. The GPR2C is an open, flexible, diverse network of civil society and local government organizations committed to political action and social change through the promotion, defense and fulfillment of the Right to the City at… +