to the City
The Right to the City is the right of all inhabitants, present and future, permanent and temporary, to inhabit, use, occupy, produce, govern and enjoy just, inclusive, safe and sustainable cities, villages and human settlements, defined as commons essential to a full and decent life.
- The Right to the City at the High-Level Political Forum Posted in: Campaigns - The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) is the core United Nations platform for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The theme of this year's edition is "Accelerated action and transformative pathways: realizing the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development ". An important focus will be given to the current situation… +
- The Right to the City facing COVID-19 Posted in: Campaigns - +
The right to the city in depth
- Community organisation: First line of urban habitat for response and recovery from the current crisis- Authors: Luis Bonilla Ortiz-Arrieta. Economista y Magíster en Estudios Políticos y Sociales Latinoamericanos. Miembro del Grupo de Trabajo "Desigualdades Urbanas" de CLACSO. Ivahanna Larrosa. Arquitecta, Maestranda en Ordenamiento Territorial y Desarrollo Urbano de la Facultad de Arquitectura, Diseño y Urbanismo de la Universidad de la República, UDELAR (Uruguay), Investigadora del Centro Interdisciplinario de Estudios… +
- International Live Zero EvictionPosted in: Fulfilled social functions- On September 4, institutions and social movements held an international online event against evictions and removals. The event was broadcast live through Zoom, with Balakrishnan Rajagopal, the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Adequate Housing, and social movement leaders from Mexico, Italy, the USA, India, South Africa, Spain and an audience of over 600… +
- GPR2C Members and allies initiatives for Urban October 2020Posted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions, Gender equality, Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- As in each year, GPR2C members and partners are carrying out a myriad of initiatives (statements, campaigns, events, documents, etc) during the month of October. Discover them here below : During the month Campaign Urbamonde and CoHabitat Network partners Campaign focused on promoting community housing initiatives, the CoHabitat Network and the projects listed in the… +