to the City
The Right to the City is the right of all inhabitants, present and future, permanent and temporary, to inhabit, use, occupy, produce, govern and enjoy just, inclusive, safe and sustainable cities, villages and human settlements, defined as commons essential to a full and decent life.
- The Right to the City at the High-Level Political Forum Posted in: Campaigns - The High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) is the core United Nations platform for follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The theme of this year's edition is "Accelerated action and transformative pathways: realizing the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development ". An important focus will be given to the current situation… +
- The Right to the City facing COVID-19 Posted in: Campaigns - +
The right to the city in depth
- GPR2C called for implementing the Right to the City approach to face global crises at the HLPF 2020Posted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions, Gender equality, Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- The Global Platform for the Right to the City (GPR2C) participated in the High Level Political Forum (HLPF) 2020 in order to launch an urgent appeal to the United Nations and all international, regional, national and local institutions and civil society organizations to work together in the implementation of the, SDGs and NUA through the… +
- Right to the City Initiatives Facing COVID-19Posted in: Diverse and inclusive economies, Enhanced political participation, Fulfilled social functions, Gender equality, Inclusive citizenship, Inclusive rural / urban linkages, No discrimination, Quality public spaces and services- The pandemic finds us at a time of crisis of the neoliberal system and climate emergency, further aggravating the health, social and economic situation worldwide. All over the world, civil society and local governments are demonstrating leadership in the response of the crises, developing both emergency responses to the most urgent needs and initiatives that… +
- WE ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE:TRANSFORMING ECONOMIES VERSUS COVID19- The first part of the World Social Forum on Transformative Economies 2020 took place online during July 2020. The next part will take place in October, coinciding with the FESC, under the theme "We Accept the challenge: Transformative Economies versus COVID-19". The organizations, networks, and entities participating in the FSMET process can register their transformative… +